Going through some old notes I’d collected about potential ideas for exercises in 3D worlds, I came across the following checklist I’d scribbled down at some point that seemed like good things to know about when exploring a 3D digital world.
If you can think any other ‘need to know’ skills, please add them as a comment.
- zoom in and out;
- tilt the view to a desired perspective;
- rotate a view;
- navigate to a particular location;
- search for a particular location;
- bookmark a particular location;
- add an information layer in a “mirror world”, such as one of the following:
- Google Earth;
- NASA WorldWind;
- Virtual Earth 3D.
When it comes to controlling 3D avatars in a digital world, can you move around as easily as you can in the real world?
Give yourself 5 points if you get the joke ;-)